Thursday, March 10, 2011

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. -Isadora James


My little sister is one of the best things that ever happened to me. To be an older sister I have tried to set a good example for her and always be there when she needs a helping hand or shoulder to cry on.  I tried to do all the things that big sisters are supposed to do to help their little sisters and I realized that she has helped me more.  I have learned so much from her without even realizing it.  She is passionate, loving, beautiful inside and out, adventurous, and humble.  She has become what I only dreamed of being, and she has done this all with the most class and grace. She is the example I wanted to set for her, and she has somehow managed to become this woman that I look up to and am so proud to claim her as mine!


We are so much alike, and yet so different at the same time it is amazing.  We have always had the same goals and values in life but she has taken it to the next level.  It is like she has a light inside of her that keeps getting brighter.  I am so proud of her and I hope that she gets everything she has ever dreamed of in life, because out of all the people I know she deserves it more than anyone.



A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double.  ~Toni Morrison

1 comment:

  1. very sweet post! : )
    http://www.justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete